Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Uxbridge, Middlesex
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm (optional Saturdays at £12 per hour)
Contract: Permanent, full time. (Term Time Only)
Salary: £9.16 - £9.25 per hour. £17,381 - £17,551 per year
We currently have an opportunity for Life Skills Practitioners to join our service, West London Community College based in Uxbridge Middlesex, within commuting distance from Hayes, Slough, Watford, Wembley, Egham, Hillingdon, and surrounding areas.
The college offers an independent living and life skills provision for adults on the autism spectrum. This is an ideal role for those interested in working within a care / education environment now seeking a new challenge.
About the role
As a Life Skills Practitioner, you will work with individual students, or small groups of students to supervise their wellbeing and welfare whilst supporting and accessing learning. The college offers a curriculum that supports their communication, sensory, co-ordination, social and emotional development through a variety of motivating sessions. Our aim is to equip our students with a skillset to lead as independent a life as possible; things often taken for granted such as making a cup of tea, or something more complicated such as finding employment. We offer tailored programmes, which are designed to meet the individual needs of our students, as well as promoting self- confidence and maximising potential.
- For this role we can consider applicants with no previous experience, providing you have a passion for care, an understanding of autism and are now keen to begin a new career where you will work towards the Adult Education Teaching qualification (AET) and Care Certificate (funded by ourselves).
- This role is also ideal for those who have worked within the care / further education or school settings previously and are now interested in applying those skills within a day centre environment.
- You will be a confident communicator capable of interacting with students, parents and other healthcare professionals. You will be proactive and will be capable of adapting your approach to the situations at hand.
A few reasons we think we are a great place to work
- Monday to Friday hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm, Term Time Only.
- Our staff are all keyworkers.
- We offer support for individuals to progress, this includes funding for relevant qualifications.
- Everyone who joins us receives a fantastic central induction, along with a local induction and a dedicated buddy.
- Employees have access to an extensive training platform with a wide range of courses for personal development.
- Career development opportunities across the Group
- Staff can access our internal platform The Hub that offers; discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Salary Finance (eg advanced on earned pay) and the option to purchase private medical
- We are a company dedicated to our people and are pleased to have been recognised as Great Place to Work certified™ Nov 2020 – Nov 2021 for the second year running,
Please apply online now or call 020 8573 7419 for further information.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for