Job Title: Apprentice IT Solutions Technician
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Bolton OFG Office
Salary: £8,872.50 for 16-18 years old, rising to £12,557.50
Contract: 18-month fixed term contract (Course is 18 months may need to revise if any delays due to covid)
Outcomes First Group are excited to offer our new Apprenticeship scheme created to launch the career of care experienced young people and care leavers.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group, and Options.
About the Role
Are you passionate about a career in IT? Have you always been eager to learn more about building and repairing IT equipment enabling others to work effectively? This is a fantastic opportunity to join our IT team who are central to the growth of Outcomes First Group. As an Apprentice IT Engineer, you will apply a professional methodology or framework to gather and analyse requirements; to build and repair IT IT equipment whilst providing ongoing support both directly to end users and for the underlying IT services. The specific tasks undertaken vary depending on what needs to be achieved by the team at any time. Some tasks may be very technical, others may be more analytical, business or user focused.
During the duration of your training, you will learn to:
- Install software, configure and test hardware components alongside basic knowledge of networks and devices – including servers, end-user computers and mobile devices.
- Follow a logical approach and how to ensure connectivity within solutions.
- Co-ordinate requests for hardware orders and repairs, including despatch and receipt of goods, ensuring customer expectations are met
Whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification. This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, Register of IT Technicians
What do you need?
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade 4 or above.
- logical and creative thinking skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- can use own initiative
- a thorough and organised approach
- ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- maintain productive, professional, and secure working environment
What do we offer?
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- A dedicated mentor
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer