Part time, 22.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapies Assistant to join our multidisciplinary team based in Hanley Castle, Worcestershire.
About the role
The successful applicant will be based within our Malvern View service in Hanley Castle, Worcestershire. This is an excellent opportunity to join an already established inhouse clinical team which comprises of: Clinical Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy. There will be opportunities to influence service development as you will be joining a team which demonstrates innovative and inclusive practice. Quality of life measures are used to drive support and service development within strong MDT and clinical governance processes. An ideal opportunity for those looking to continue to develop their career within the Learning Disabilities specialism.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team, the role of Therapies Assistant will work under the supervision of a qualified Practitioner, supporting the delivery of a high quality vocational and clinical provision within the Service.
Your role in brief would include:
- Observing and interacting with Service Users.
- Compiling reports
- Contributing to assessments when required
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive clinical records
- Preparing therapy resources and equipment
- Liaising with outside agencies to communicate a Service User’s need
- Administrative duties to support the Clinical Team
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of paid or voluntary work in an SEN setting and/or with young people/adults with complex needs or challenging behaviour
- Experience or knowledge of people with autism (ASC)
- Relevant experience working as a Therapies Assistant or similar, although not essential
- Ability to work with challenging behaviours
- Professional supervision
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Career development opportunities across the Group.
- Employees can access our internal platform The Hub which offers, employee discounts, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more!
- “One moment in time” which is an extra day annual leave each year for you to use on a day that’s important to you
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Salary Finance options (e.g. advances on earned pay) and the option to purchase private medical
To be considered for this opportunity please apply online today.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.