Job Title: Adult Support Worker
Location: The Thicket, Otley, West Yorkshire
Starting Salary: £9.16 - £9.25 per hour, £20,481.76 - £20,683 per year
Hours: Full Time Days – Average 43 hours per week on a rota basis, to be discussed at interview
We currently have a vacancy to join us an Adult Support Worker for our home, The Thicket based in Otley, West Yorkshire. Whether you’re seeking a permanent role in a new sector, or you already have healthcare experience we would love to hear from you.
The Thicket is a beautiful converted stone building with excellent facilities which have been purpose-built for adults with autistic spectrum conditions, situated in a rural area of Otley. Options, The Thicket offers adults with autism and complex needs the opportunity to develop their like skills and increase their confidence and emotional wellbeing. Importantly it focuses on community integration and inclusion, and is proud to see the residents lead happy, fulfilling lives.
An ideal role for those interested in supporting adults with varied and complex needs. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure. Working in a residential environment where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, individuals are listened to, respected, and involved in as many decisions as possible.
Who are we looking for?
We provide an excellent training and induction programme, as such we can consider those with or without previous healthcare experience. Others have successfully joined us from a range of backgrounds such as; retail, hospitality, fitness, nursing, trades industries and more! You’ll be someone who has a passion for care and is willing to train to be qualified in the industry (funded by ourselves). If you’re looking for a rewarding role where you can make a positive difference to the lives of others, and you are patient, empathetic, resilient, and resourceful we would love to hear from you.
Why work for us?
- We are proud to be certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running, a certification based on employee feedback.
- We offer support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications. Should you wish to stay with us beyond the fixed term contract we are happy to review other opportunities available at that time.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Employees have access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
Apply online now or call 01724 733 777 for further information.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.