Job title: Care Worker
Location: Newport, Telford
Hours: 2 on 4 off shift pattern , 40 hours per week
Salary: £22,546 per annum
We are recruiting compassionate, hardworking and resilient care practitioner to work alongside the existing team at The Grigg to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will contribute to individual Care plans and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
If you have no experience but want to make a difference and have transferrable skills from working in hospitality, activity centres, the forces or public services, we would be excited to hear from you and can provide you all the training and support to succeed and develop, being a Care Practitioner.
You will be contracted to a 2 on 4 off shift pattern amounting to 48 hours per week.
Based on the above you will be working 244 hours per month (including your sleep-ins) equating to 120 shifts per year. However, flexibility is required.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Open to new ways of thinking around our therapeutic model and parenting
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
- Seeking career and personal development
- Are you ready to transform the life of a young person or child in crisis? Begin your personal journey today with Bryn Melyn Care.
At Bryn Melyn Care we are determined to allow our employees the opportunity to develop and progress within our organisation. We have structured development pathways available and we actively encourage all staff to achieve their full potential. We have a professional, friendly and supportive culture company wide. We work together with excellence, integrity and respect to continuously allow better futures for the children and young people that call BMC home.
We strive for every employee here at Bryn Melyn Care to have nothing but pride when working with us and when supporting our Children and Young People.
Are you seeking that work life balance?
Are you longing for a vocation not just to a “job”?
- Entry Level salary of £22,546
- Competitive overtime rates
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Assurance (after 12 months service)
- In-house L&D team offering robust and continuous training
- Intensive induction and training in PRICE/MAPA, Foundations for Attachment (including PACE), Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
Bryn Melyn Care (BMC) is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs. We deliver a portfolio of specialist services for young people ages 7 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
At Bryn Melyn Care we are continuously developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of emotional and behavioural needs (EBD). We have 27 residential homes across Shropshire, North Wales and Powys. Our homes consist of solo bedded homes, multi bedded homes; for up to 2-4 children or young people. We have our own independent Ofsted approved school for our children and young people allowing us to cater to their individual specialist educational needs (SEN).
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
All applicants are required to complete an application form prior to attending an interview, as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. In addition, successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required and comprehensive background checks completed.
Please note having a positive DBS disclosure result may not automatically bar you from working with our organisation, however, a full risk assessment will be conducted prior to making a decision on the suitability to work with our young people.
Bryn Melyn Care is proud to be an equal opportunities employer & we look forward to welcoming you on board!