Adult Support Worker
£9.16 - £9.57 per hour, £21,434.40 - £22,393.80 per annum
Perm full time
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support Worker / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We are hiring now for a Support Worker to join our Acorn Park team based in Norwich which is within commuting distance of Banham and surrounding areas.
About the role
As a Support Worker, you will provide a high quality service to the adults within our care. All residents of Acorn Park are adults with autism, learning disabilities or mental health needs, as a Support Worker you will play a vital role in their day to day activities, care and safeguarding. You will receive a fantastic induction, buddy programme and ongoing support to ensure you are fully equipped for your new role.
Duties will include: Being available for residents whilst on shift, providing support and care as required. Facilitating the development of both personal and practical skills to enhance and promote independent living. Responding to situations and dealing with complex and sometimes challenging behaviour. Following best practice guidelines at all times. Working collaboratively with colleagues. Contributing to the happiness and wellbeing of those entrusted within our care, achieving the best possible outcomes.
About the home
Acorn Park is based in within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside. CQC rated Good the home is a dedicated service for adults with autism and learning difficulties
We can consider both experienced Support Workers, and those who haven’t previously worked in a care environment before as a thorough induction programme, training and support are provided.
- All applicants must be willing to work towards (or already hold) the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
- You will have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends (rotas to be discussed)
- Driving license and access to a car essential.
- Local benefits include free parking, free meals, take-away nights, team building and training days and more!
- You will have our support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
To be considered please apply online now or call 01204 522667 for further information. We are interviewing and hiring actively for these opportunities.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.