Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Location: West London Community College
Salary: £9.16 per hour
Hours: 15 hours per week – (4.30pm – 7.30pm Monday – Friday)
Contract: Permanent - Term Time Only
Options West London Community College is a well-established, independent living and life skills provision for adults with autism. We offer individualised programmes which are designed to meet the complex needs of each of our students, as well as increase their sense of personal independence. We are within commuting distance of Uxbridge, Wembley, Longford, Slough, Hounslow and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Domestic Assistant, you will have responsibility for providing a high level of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the college. You will work as part of a small team and be based across two of our college campuses, Colne Lodge and Aston House both of which are based within the Uxbridge area.
This role is offered on a permanent, part-time basis working 15 hours per week. Working hours will be from Monday – Friday, from 4.30 pm – 7.30 pm.
As a Domestic Assistant, your duties would include:
- Cleaning all areas of the buildings to the highest standards
- Ensuring all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, COSHH regulations and health and Safety legislation.
- Using all supplies correctly to minimise waste
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
Key Skills Required
- Relevant experience of domestic cleaning, commercial cleaning an advantage although not essential
- Good knowledge of domestic duties including the use and storage of relevant products
- Organised and thorough, whilst taking pride in your day to day work
- Able to commit to working 3 hours per day, Monday – Friday, 4.30 pm – 7.30 pm
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- A fantastic central and local induction
- Employees have access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
- “One moment in time” which is an extra days annual leave each year for you to use on day important to you
Please apply online now or call 020 8573 7419 for further information.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for