Role: Teaching Assistant Level 3
Salary: £21,620.00 per annum
Location: Kirkby Lonsdale
Hours: 40 Hours per week (8am-4pm Monday/Tuesday/Thursday & Friday, 8am-5pm Wednesday)
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who have a background in working with children and young people who present with challenging behaviours due to their additional needs. Experience in supporting children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties would be ideal for the role and individuals with this experience would be suited to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School and Group
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCP. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and associated challenging behaviours.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
About the Role
Underley Garden seeks an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who can support and inspire children with Autism, learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour. We are seeking the right person who has the experience working in SEMH schools or similar education provisions. The right person will not only just inspire the children but support and lead a group of teaching assistants. Our young people need engaging, creative, practical learning and so teaching assistants need the ability to support in a flexible curriculum structure and fully utilise our facilities to support with personalised programmes.
Teaching Assistants at UG are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate young people during lessons that promote learning as well as develop independence and life skills.
Working as a teaching assistant at Underley Garden, you will support with a range of subjects, support with the individual needs of our young people to promote personal development, their well-being and above all, offering a range of opportunities to support their social and communication skills. You will support the teaching and learning of the children and young people alongside the class teachers to ensure progress is made on their specific targets. Supporting the development of their social, emotional and mental health is essential and building positive relationships is key to success. Safeguarding the welfare of the young people in our care will be your primary responsibility.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes.
You will be a resilient, responsible, friendly and an organised person who has a passion for caring and providing an excellent environment to promote the children’s own learning and development.
- NVQ3 or equivalent qualification in education
- At least 12 months experience as a teaching assistant in a school or education provision where supporting with challenging behaviour is a key part of the role.
- Ability to work successfully with young people with challenging behaviour;
- A deeply held conviction that every child can achieve and reach their potential;
- The belief that all children deserve a life of choice and opportunity;
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced extremely environment;
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all children;
- Excellent team player;
- High expectations of others;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Willing to undertake training.
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals whilst on shift
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Gym membership
- Employee Rewards Hub
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.