Adult Support Worker
£20,005.44 - £21,228.48
Options Vernon House Littlehampton, West Sussex
We currently have opportunities available Days and Nights for those looking for more than just a job, where each day you can really make a positive impact and help improve the lives of others. If you’re looking for a rewarding career where you’ll be fully trained and supported, we would love to hear from you.
We are Options Autism, for 16 years we’ve been providing care for adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. We currently have opportunities to join us at our service Vernon, based in Littlehampton.
Vernon is a residential home for young adults with moderate to severe learning disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairment, or specific health needs. The home provides long-term care and support with maximum independence. Residents living at Vernon are encouraged and empowered to take an active part in the community and access mainstream leisure pursuits and interests. Individual support plans can include access to day centres, colleges, or adult education classes.
The environment is welcoming, supportive, and homely. The team work closely to ensure the best possible standards of care are always achieved. Supporting with day to day activities and personal care whilst also encouraging each individual to be active in the community. No two days are the same and we welcome applications from those who have creative ideas on how to make each day as fulfilling as possible.
This is a shift based role working on a 2 week rolling rota which consists of 42 hours average per week.
Who are we looking for?
We provide an excellent training and induction programme and as such can consider those with or without previous care or healthcare experience. People have successfully joined us from retail backgrounds, hospitality, fitness, nursing, trades industries and more!
You will be someone who is caring and proactive, capable of working shifts and now looking for somewhere you can settle and develop.
- We offer support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a “Cycle to Work scheme” where you can save money on bikes and equipment, an Employee Assistance Programme where you have direct access to professional support and Salary Finance options which offer benefits such as advances on your earned pay when you need it.
- We also offer “one moment in time” which is an extra day annual leave each year for you to use on a day that’s important to you
- We are proud to be certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running, a certification based on employee feedback.
To be considered please apply online today.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care.
A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.