Job Title: Practice Manager
Contract Type: Full Time - Permanent
Salary: £47,000 per annum
Car Allowance: £3,000 per annum
About the Group:
We are part of National Fostering Group.
Our highly skilled and dedicated fostering community supports Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK, with 100% of our 28 regional fostering agencies officially recognised by Ofsted, Welsh and Scottish regulators as either “Outstanding” or “Good”. It is perhaps not surprising that more people choose to foster with our fostering agencies than any other fostering provider in the UK.
NFA Midlands is an Ofsted rated ‘good’ agency and we cover the Midlands region. You will be joining a very supportive region with very experienced and skilled management staff and Practitioners. The role will demand dynamic, effective and strategic management skills in order to promote the delivery of outcomes to support vulnerable children and foster carers.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Registered Manager, you will be accountable for developing and managing all aspects of fostering resources and will have a specific emphasis on quality.
Overarching responsibilities will include:
- Directly manage a group of experienced Team Managers
- Being responsible for the professional development of social work practice
- Involvement in strategic planning and business development
- Developing and maintaining systems for improving performance and quality
- Researching opportunities for improving services and new initiatives to aid business growth
- Out of hours management support to regional staff on call to provide 24/7 operation.
Who we are looking for:
You will have a proven management track record, with excellent leadership skills to support the continuous development of the service. You should have previous experience of working in a statutory children’s safeguarding setting and an ability to work within a performance management framework.
You will be a qualified Social Worker with a sound track record at management level. You will hold Social Work England registration and possess an excellent working knowledge of relevant legislations and Regulations and their impact on Fostering. . As Practice Manager, you will be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal), flexible and have excellent IT skills.
The successful applicant will be expected to travel across the Midlands Region to attend meetings.
Why work for us:
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum with 1 day increase each year up until 30 days
- Extensive training suite
- Career development opportunity across the Group
- Professional support network
- Pension scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.