Job Title: Administrator
Location: The Grange Therapeutic School, Oakham
Salary: Up to £18,000 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week (8.30am – 4.30pm)
Contract: Permanent, term-time plus 4 weeks (42 weeks)
Be the administrator you always wanted to be! If you are very child focused and really want to make your mark improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an Experienced Administrator to join The Grange Therapeutic School Admin team. To plan, organise and provide administrative support to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team in an efficient, effective and timely way and in compliance with the requirements of the Outcomes First Group Education and Care.
About the Role
- Regularly contributing to the content management of the school website
- Administrative contribution to Ofsted inspections
- Inputting of data for the annual DfE School Census
- Setting up and minuting the weekly SLT meeting
- Maintaining electronic personnel records/paper files and ensuring accurate absence recording
- Organise and minute any grievance/sick absence meetings where necessary
- Assist in the collation and printing of the termly student magazine and end of term school report
- Liaise with HR and Payroll when necessary, via Cascade HR System any staff personnel queries
- Support HR with new starters
- Update and maintain the staff training matrix
- Advise staff on the reviewing and updating of school policies
- Maintain accurate HR records and ensure accurate absence recording
- Ensure accuracy of medical information on school systems.
- Administration for New student starters
- Keeping student files up to date on school management system/ contact cards / folder stickers and admissions books
- Contact for Recruitment / Agencies
- Transport/Taxi Liaison
- To handle incoming calls to the service, taking detailed and accurate messages and relaying them promptly to the appropriate person
- To welcome visitors in a professional and courteous manner and promptly ensure that the appropriate person is informed of their arrival, arranging refreshments as required
- To ensure that identification is seen and verified for all visitors to the site
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with drive and a willingness to go the extra mile to improve the lives of the young people in our care. Strong inter-personal skills, team working and a sense of humour are also vital. Must be honest, trustworthy and reliable and empathetic to working with young people with special educational needs and their families and carers.
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent customer care skills
- Able to deal with complex enquiries, correspondence and reports Good standard of presentation and interpersonal skills – able to act as a reliable and effective first point of contact
- Sound organisational and planning skills, with a flexible approach
- Able to provide accurate reports and maintain electronic and manual data systems
- Able to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Driving licence and car due to location.
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 7 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals.
We offer the chance to teach in an environment where the emphasis is on excellent classroom practice with groups of up to 6 pupils and relationships are the key to success. Therefore we need hardworking, child centred staff who are resilient and willing to go the extra mile. In return we offer significant investment in your professional development, a supportive staff group and opportunities for progression for ambitious staff
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Applications are invited online though the Outcomes First website www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact Stephanie Watt on email@example.com
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for