Support Worker - Flexible Working
Bank £9.16 - £9.39 per hour
If you are currently seeking a role where you can make a positive impact in the lives of others, we have the role for you!
We currently have opportunities for Adult Support Workers to join us on a Bank staff basis. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role as previous experience isn’t required.
About the home
Millfield House is an attractive Edwardian House set in beautiful grounds. The home is a dedicated Adult services facility for residents with a diagnosis of autism, severe learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour.
The building and grounds have been adapted to cater for the residents complex needs with the opportunity for the residents to have privacy, but also to be able to access communal spaces for recreation and the development of independent living skills.
Millfield House is within commuting distance from Grantham, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Peterborough and Lincoln.
Who are we looking for?
• We can consider both trainees and experienced Support Workers for this role, the salary will vary dependent upon experience and qualifications
• All applicants must be willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
• Must be keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to record information accurately
- Local benefits include free parking, free meals, take-away nights, team building and training days and more!
- You will have our support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
If you would like to be considered please apply online today!
Options Autism are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.