Job Title: Supervising Social Worker
Location: Home Based covering East, North & West London
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Car Allowance: £3,000
About the Role
The London & South East Region is an Outstanding agency and the largest within the group. We cover the whole of London and South East of England and operate from 7 teams.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our London & South East Region, covering the West London area. Our West Team covers all of West London, Buckinghamshire and Slough. You must be a car driver with flexibility about areas to cover.
The ideal candidate will share our ongoing commitment for excellence in our work with children and young people in our care. This is a permanent, full time position based at home.
Supervising Social Workers are responsible for managing fostering resources in an allocated area. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, supervising and providing quality support to foster carers to improve outcomes for the children and young people placed. You will be joining an outstanding rated agency with stable, experienced and supportive professionals.
Overarching responsibilities will include:
- Providing quality support to carers to promote great outcomes for children & young people
- Close working relationship with placing Local authorities
- Participation work with children and young people
- Ensuring foster carers comply with regulatory standards
- Participation in evening/weekend on call rota is expected as part of the role with management support in place.
About the Group
We are part of the National Fostering Group – the UK’s largest independent fostering family.
Our highly skilled and dedicated fostering community supports Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK. With 100% of our 26 regional fostering agencies officially recognised by Ofsted, Welsh and Scottish regulators as either ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’, it is perhaps not surprising that more people choose to foster with our fostering agencies than any other fostering provider in the UK.
NFA London & South East is based in Uxbridge and covers the London and South East areas.
Who we are looking for
You must be a qualified Social Worker with some experience in fostering service, preferably within the independent sector. You will hold Social Care England registration and possess an excellent working knowledge of relevant legislations. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and excellent IT skills are important for this role. You should have previous experience of working in a statutory children’s setting.
- Qualified Social Worker
- Car driver and access to a vehicle
- Current registration with the relevant Social Work regulatory council (e.g Social Work England/Wales, NISCC, SSSC)
- Recent experience in services for children
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer