The Shires, Leicestershire
Permanent, Full Time
Salary - £18,000 per annum
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapies Assistant to join our Clinical Well-Being Team at The Shires. This is an ideal role for someone who has experience of working therapeutically with children and young people with ASD, learning disabilities and/ or complex developmental trauma.
The post holder will be required to support the delivery of high quality educational and clinical provision within the residential homes and school sites. As directed by the Clinical Wellbeing Lead the role will involve the provision of advice, information and training to staff, other members of the clinical/wellbeing and multi-professional teams, commissioners and other agencies.
Multi-professional working is essential in our aim to provide a high-quality service that promotes the wellbeing and interests of the children and young people we support. The postholder will have the opportunity to work closely with other members of team, including with the onsite Speech and Language Therapist and Occupational Therapist.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a committed and dynamic Therapies Assistant to join The Outcomes First Group. You would need to demonstrate drive, motivation and resilience and the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Applicants must have;-
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including English at Grade C or above
- Commitment to the values of the organisation
- Experience of working as an MDT, or a willingness to do this effectively
- Ability to work independently as agreed under supervision
- Ability to work within the boundaries of the role of Therapies Assistant
- Effective communication
- High level of professionalism
- Use of reflective and analytical thinking in assessment and therapeutic work
- Ability to work under pressure to drive a service forwards positively
- Clear and concise record keeping
- Ability to work with behaviour that challenges
- A driving license and car are essential due to the regional nature of the role.
Why work for us?
- Be part of a growing national organisation whose client group are professionally challenging
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- Supportive team environment
- Well-resourced provision
- Professional supervision
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Company Pension Scheme and benefits
- Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please apply online today.
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted fo