Night Support Worker – Young Adults
£20,243.60 - £20,751.90 per annum (£9.16 - £9.40 per hour)
Permanent, full time
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our Millfield home based in Colsterworth, within commuting distance of Melton Mowbray, Grantham, Peterborough and surrounding areas.
About the role
Millfield is CQC rated Good and is a specialist residential home for young adults with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. An Edwardian house set in beautiful grounds the home is at the heart of the local community.
As a Support Worker you will be working closely with the residents to support in developing independence and life skills. Helping with daily routines and planning fun activities such as day trips and outdoor activities. A key responsibility is to safeguard those entrusted within our care, sometimes dealing with challenging behaviours associated with autism. Other duties include liaising with colleagues staff, working to agreed care plans and keeping the home clean and tidy.
We can consider both experienced Support Workers, and those who haven’t previously worked within healthcare as we provide excellent training and support. People have successfully joined us from other care environments, retail backgrounds, hospitality, fitness, nursing, trades industries and more!
You will be someone who is proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach. You will have the flexibility and willingness to be able to work shifts, including weekends (rotas to be discussed)
- You will have our support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Employees have access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you, such as your child’s first day at school.
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
Apply online now or call 01476860270 for further information.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.