Job Title: Capital Accountant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Capital Accountant to join Outcomes First Group at our Bolton Office.
About the Role
As the Capital Accountant, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining our fixed asset records and driving continuous improvement for the capital accounting processes.
Reporting will be a huge part of this role as you will provide a monthly CapEx report, a report to monitor and analyse variations between actual costs vs planned costs and also analysis and detailed forecast reports for project costs.
You will build strong relationships with the wider finance team and also liaise with our other functions to enhance the processes to capitalise, dispose of and transfer assets. To improve efficiency and accuracy of capital reporting, you will also lead, explore and implement a Fixed Asset module.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant with strong technical skills and experience of capital accounting and managing fixed asset records. You will be in your comfort zone building relationships and communicating with people internally and externally to drive and influence continued capital accounting improvements.
The successful candidate will have advanced Excel skills and will be confident with creating reports, analysis of data and presentation skills. Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous, though not essential
• Help to maintain fixed asset registers across the group ensuring monthly reconciliation to the general ledgers;
• Meet regularly with finance managers to review fixed asset registers and ensure capital accounting is precise;
• Ensure capital spend is coded to the relevant project code and the monthly capex report is accurate and complete;
• Responsible for the monitoring of actual costs vs planned and to report on any variations;
• Provide detailed analysis of the projects costs on a timely basis;
• To provide updated and detailed forecasts on project costs and project cash flow;
• Improve capital accounting processes, including liaising with functions to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of processes to capitalise, dispose of and transfer assets;
• Lead on the creation, coordination, and development of the annual capital budget;
• Prepare and present Fixed Asset notes in the annual statutory accounts;
• Work closely with the financial reporting team to prepare tax analysis on capital expenditure and capital allowance schedules;
• Lead on the project to explore and implement the Fixed Asset module in Access Dimensions to improve efficiency and accuracy of capital reporting;
• Drive continuous improvement in capital accounting and reporting;
• Ad Hoc Project work when required.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, National Fostering Group and Options.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer