Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, Options and the National Fostering Group.
About the Role
As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for making payments to our dedicated Foster Carers, accurately and on time and then preparing and sending remittances. You will also produce invoices and send through to the appropriate Local Authority via our bespoke payments system and assist with queries from the Local Authorities.
Working closely with colleagues you will work on multiple complex payment runs, ensuring that deadlines are met and our Carer Payment process runs smoothly. This is a key process within the business and requires outstanding attention to detail along with flexibility, planning skills and the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment.
Who we are looking for
You will need to be an experienced Financial Administrator/Assistant with an understanding of processing payments within a financial system control environment. You must be highly numerate and accurate with handling financial data. You will enjoy working in a role where your skills are put to good use every day.
Previous experience of processing payments is essential but just as important are the ability to analyse, retain and accurately utilise information and work really well as part of a team.
This is a great time to join the growing Finance team of a business that genuinely makes a difference to the lives of young people.
You will also be a point of contact to help resolve queries received from carers so experience providing an efficient and professional customer service is essential.
- Experience of processing payments within a financial system control environment.
- Highly numerate and accurate with handling financial data.
- MS Office, including Excel to a good level.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics and English (at grade B or above).
- Professional demeanour, positive and flexible attitude, good inter- personal and communication skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively.
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.