Job title: Deputy Manager
Location: Lychgate, Malpas
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £27,053 - £29,492 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term – Maternity cover
We are recruiting compassionate, hardworking and resilient Deputy Care Manager to work alongside the existing team at Lychgate to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will contribute to individual Quality of Life Plans and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
If you have no experience but want to make a difference and have transferrable skills from working in hospitality, activity centres, the forces or public services, we would be excited to hear from you and can provide you all the training and support to succeed and develop, being a Deputy Care Manager .
You will be contracted to a mixture of 2 on 4 off Shift pattern with office days amounting to 40 hours per week. This therefore includes sleep-ins and an example shift patterns would be 2 on 4 off.
Based on the above you will be working 160 hours per month (including your sleep-ins) equating to 100 shifts per year. However, flexibility is required.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Open to new ways of thinking around our therapeutic model and parenting
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
- Seeking career and personal development
- Are you ready to transform the life of a young person or child in crisis? Begin your personal journey today with Bryn Melyn Care.
Bryn Melyn Care is part of the Outcomes First Group, we are determined to allow our employees the opportunity to develop and progress within our organisation. We have structured development pathways available and we actively encourage all staff to achieve their full potential. We have a professional, friendly and supportive culture company wide. We work together with excellence, integrity and respect to continuously allow better futures for the children and young people that call BMC home.
We strive for every employee here at Outcomes First Group to have nothing but pride when working with us and when supporting our Children and Young People.
Are you seeking that work life balance?
Are you longing for a vocation not just to a “job”?
- Entry Level salary of £21,871 - £25,492
- Competitive overtime rates
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Assurance (after 12 months service)
- In-house Learning & Talent team offering robust and continuous training
- 2 week intensive induction and training in PRICE, Foundations for Attachment (including PACE), Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
Bryn Melyn Care (BMC) is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs. We deliver a portfolio of specialist services for young people ages 8 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
We are continuously developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of emotional and behavioural needs (EBD). We have 27 residential homes across Shropshire, North Wales and Powys. Our homes consist of solo bedded homes, multi bedded homes; for up to 2-4 children or young people. We have our own independent Ofsted approved school for our children and young people allowing us to cater to their individual specialist educational needs (SEN).
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now. For additional information, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role please visit our website at https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/vacancies/
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DB