Job Title: Group VAT Accountant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Group VAT Accountant to join Outcomes First Group at our Bolton Office.
About the Role
As the Group VAT Accountant, you will be responsible for leading on the extended roll out of welfare planning arrangements across the Group and ensure we are ‘Making tax Digital’ compliant.
The role will ensure accounting principles are established and followed and the Group VAT strategy around welfare planning is robustly documented and implemented.
The Group VAT Accountant will complete a MTD readiness assessment with the support of external advisors and implement changes required as a result.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a qualified accountant/tax accountant that has previously worked within VAT, either in-house or in practice, and has experience of VAT Compliance. You will have demonstrable strong VAT knowledge and the ability to interpret and apply tax legislation to complex scenarios.
The successful candidate will have advanced Excel and system skills and be in their comfort zone dealing with electronically supplied VAT, balance sheet reconciliations and VAT registrations.
- Work with advisors and the wider business to drive the roll out of existing welfare planning arrangements to improve VAT recoverability within the group;
- Ensure communication with Local Authority suppliers is robust, tracked and well documented;
- With the help of advisers, ensure communication with HRMC regarding the roll out of welfare planning is timely and appropriate;
- Communicate changes to stakeholders on VAT arrangements in a clear and appropriate manner;
- Provide technical and testing support for systems changes which impact VAT and related reporting;
- Ensure the group is Making Tax Digital compliant, identifying and implementing changes as appropriate;
- Provide training and support on VAT principles and impact of changes to finance managers and the wider business;
- Assist with all required VAT and other return enquiries from tax authorities as required
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, National Fostering Group and Options.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer