Job Title: Finance Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our team at the Bolton Head Office. The successful candidate will be working closely with Finance Managers in accounting for cash spent across our schools and residential homes. You will also provide financial support to the Education and Residential division, whilst also dealing effectively with any queries.
Who we are looking for
As a Finance Assistant, you will need to have demonstrable experience in Financial Administration, with good understanding of supporting finance functions. The successful post holder will have excellent time keeping skills, as the role demands tasks to be completed within a set time frame. You will have a passion for excellent customer service, as you will be communicating regularly with the different Education and Residential sites to ensure all finance submissions are obtained, whilst also effectively solving any issues that may arise. Furthermore, the Finance Assistant will have an excellent eye for detail in order to produce accurate reports and invoices for Finance Managers on a regular basis.
- Liaising with the site management and admin teams to collate and process all petty cash, credit/debit card and pre-paid card returns
- Processing weekly cash budgets and associated cash and bank reconciliations
- Assisting the Revenue Accountant as required to ensure monthly/termly invoicing is completed in a timely manner
- Working closely with the shared service centre finance team to aid them with query resolution
- Relevant finance administration experience.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at different levels.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous, though not essential.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer