Job Role: Residential Childcare Worker
Location: Stretton, Rutland
Salary: £20,922.72 - £22,386.00 per annum (£9.58 - £10.25 per hour)
Hours: 42 hours per week, no fixed pattern, mixed shifts
An incredible opportunity to join Options Autism (Outcomes First Group) as a Support Worker at The Shires, our outstanding Ofsted provision based in Oakham and Stretton
Would you love to kickstart your support worker career?
Do you have the passion to improve the lives of vulnerable children and young people?
Our Support Workers play a key role in making our homes supportive, and nurturing environments for our Children and Young People to grow
You will be directly involved in the wellbeing of the children we care for, keeping them comfortable, making them feel safe, and making sure they get they need.
You will take responsibility for the childrens’ emotional and physical needs, helping them develop as individuals as they learn the skills and knowledge to help them get the most out of life.
Each child has their own unique needs, and you will support them throughout their journey – an important role as part of our wider team.
It’s often challenging, but we will make sure you have all the support you need, with plenty of skills and experience available to draw on along with advice and guidance too.
What makes a great Support Worker?
You will be a great all-rounder, ready to take practical steps while also having the confidence to take on supervisory roles.
We will give you all the training you need, so previous experience isn’t essential. It’s more important to bring along high levels of motivation, compassion and patience – key qualities for anyone carrying out this kind of role.
Our homes are built on great teamwork and mutual support, so if you love connecting with others and sharing knowledge and experience – and asking for help when you need it! – then you will be well equipped to fit straight in.
Life as a Support Worker can be busy and challenging, but it’s exceptionally rewarding too.
Why join Options Autism?
- We are a values driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career
- We provide accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQ’s
- Our ‘Therapeutic Parenting’ initiative teaches all our employee’s
- Our innovative ‘Careers Pathway’ programme - let’s you plan your own incredible future
- We create strong communities around our Homes, you’ll be part of an amazing team
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our ‘Your wellbeing matters’ initiative provides total support
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- We offer very competitive salaries and an excellent workplace pension scheme
Our Pledge to Our People
Whatever your role and wherever you work, we promise to support you, encourage you and nurture your career.
- We’ll listen to your ideas, recognise your achievements and reward you for your commitment and hard work.
- We trust you to make decisions.
- We respect the experience you bring to your role.
- We celebrate individuality and want you to bring your true self to work.
- We promise to do our best to give you an incredible future with us, building a career that impacts positively on your own life and other people’s too.
Reinforcement Statements - OFG
One Goal - Our Vision
We will build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable children, young people and adults in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world.
One Family - Our Purpose
By working together, we will transform lives for the better by helping vulnerable children, young people and adults dream big and achieve more.
We work together. We support each other. We are united in our vision, our mission and our values.
One Reason - Our Mission
We exist to improve the lives of those we educate and look after, their families and communities through a relentless focus on learning and caring.
We are OFSTED’s Highest Performing Large Provider in 2020