Job Title: 1st Line Support Engineer
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Salary: Up to £21,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, Hillcrest, National Fostering Group, Options, Pathway Care Residential and Sunflower Fostering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT team based in Bolton. As the 1st Line Support Engineer, you will be receiving and handling IT incidents and service requests.
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager you will be the first point of contact for all staff that require IT support and log them in our service desk system. You will own and monitor all tickets until resolution, keeping end users updated at all times to maintain a good standard of customer service.
Communication is key as you will also be liaising with suppliers to maintain and replenish stocks of spare parts and consumables. You will also organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop your own personal skills and capability though on-going training as agreed with your line manager. Please note that you may be expected to travel to other school and office locations in the UK.
You will have excellent customer service skills with a keen interest in IT. The successful candidate should have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure. You should be able to work with challenging customers whilst maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour.
We are interested in candidates with experience of work in an IT Service Desk Team or MSP.
- Liaise with regional offices and schools on a regular basis to confirm all systems and services are operating as required.
- Own and monitor all tickets to resolution, escalating where necessary to line management
- Maintain, organise and manage the hardware database. Ensure all requests are completed for all areas of the business.
- Log all communications and progress on to the incident management system
- Organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Educated either professional (Microsoft MCP) or public in IT at NVQ/GNVQ Level 3 or higher
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products from Windows 10, MS Office, etc
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively.
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- Has a professional and friendly demeanour, positive and flexible attitude and excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Driving Licence
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer