Speech and Language Therapist
Nr Shifnal, Shropshire
£30,000 - £34,000 Depending on experience
Full time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Speech and Language Therapist interested, and skilled in working within the field of ASC, complex needs and early developmental trauma related needs? If so we would love to hear from you!
We currently have an opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join Outcomes First Group as part of our expanding clinical wellbeing team. We are passionate about providing an excellent clinical service with therapists who care about driving and providing the best clinical outcomes.
About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an expanding specialist in-house clinical team. With excellent resources and a team of highly skilled peers this is an ideal role for those looking to contribute to the positive outcomes of those entrusted within our care and education, forming part of our group wide wellbeing and clinical team and strategy. Based at our Service Higford in Nr Shifnal you will be responsible for providing specialist speech and language therapy. Assessing and reviewing each person’s needs working closely within the multi disciplinary team which consists of (but is not limited to) Occupational Therapy and Clinical Psychology. You will be assessing and reviewing the communication of children, including those who require AAC, providing speech and language therapy support accordingly to meet their needs. Planning and delivering direct and indirect intervention according to the needs of each child. You will also attend meetings, representing the clinical team whilst also being involved in special projects on site and across the regional hub.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Speech and Language Therapist who believes in the importance of a holistic and integrated approach. Dysphagia training is desirable however not essential, funding can be provided to support development in this area.
In return we offer:
- Professional supervision
- Opportunity to develop your own supervision skills
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Employees have access to an extensive training suite for personal development
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day special to you, such as your child’s first day at school.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options (eg advances on your earned pay)
- We are a business dedicated to our people and have just been recognised as Great Place to Work certified™ Nov 2020 – Nov 2021 for the second year running.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply or would like an informal discussion fist, please contact Lucy Shortt; Wellbeing Co-ordinator on lucy.shortt optionsautism.co.uk
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.