Job Title: Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 pro rata (DOE)
Hours: 18.75 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term Contract, 12 months
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Acorn Park Adult services team as a PBS Practitioner. CQC rated Good, Acorn Park adults specialises in offering residential care to adults aged 18 – 65 with an autistic spectrum condition, associated social communication difficulties and complex needs. As a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will be integral to promoting PBS within the service.
About the role
The PBS Practitioner will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to develop and embed strategies which reduce the requirement for restrictive practices and enhance positive quality of life outcomes. You will be conducting behavioural assessments, formulating, and implementing behavioural interventions. Providing specialist training to others supporting residents with learning disabilities, autism and or complex needs and behaviours. Taking the lead on the development of the enabling environment assessment criteria and working with others throughout the accreditation process, and more (please refer to full JD).
All applicants should hold a formal accredited Positive Behavioural Support training qualification (such as CAPBS Coaches award / BTEC diploma in Positive Behaviour Support). You will be someone who is dedicated to the best possible outcomes and always strives towards continuous improvement. Requires a car driver.
A few reasons we think we are a great place to work
- Everyone who joins us receives a fantastic central induction, along with a local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- All staff have access to an extensive training platform with a wide range of courses for personal development.
- Career development opportunities across the Group
- Employees have access to our internal platform The Hub which offers; employee discounts, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more!
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Salary Finance options (such as advances on earned pay) and the option to purchase private medical.
- We are proud to be recognised as Great Place to Work certified™ Nov 2020 – Nov 2021 for the second year running.
To be considered please apply online today or call 01724 733777 for more information
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.