Senior Adult Support Worker
Little Acre Annex, Melton Mowbray
Up to £21,216.00 depending on Experience
Are you an experienced Support Worker now looking for an opportunity to progress into a senior post? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join our home
Little Acre Annex, based in Melton Mowbray. The Annex consists of one unit with 3 bedrooms and communal areas supporting young adults who have been diagnosed with Autism and have accompanying learning disabilities and have complex health needs. The ethos of The Annex is very much characterised by a ‘can do’ attitude. We want people who focus on the positive outcome of our adults and take responsibility for helping improve the lives of our service users. We share the value of creating a safe and nurturing home and we want people who can be fair and respectful, in order to do the right thing to support everyone in our care
About the role
Our Senior Residential Support workers carry out an essential and highly varied role to provide individual and bespoke support to the adults in our care. You will support the young adults with daily activities and life skills, complete relevant paperwork, deliver personal care, complete supervisions with staff, support with on call duties as required and assist in leading, advising and motivating a staff team.
You will be a positive role model, helping fulfil the needs of individuals within our care and improve their lives.
A key responsibility is to safeguard those in our care, ensure all residents are safe and healthy, supporting them through times of challenging behaviour associated with autism.
- willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 3 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Experience working with challenging young people or adults either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- Someone who is proactive and enjoys leading by example, always looking to improve practices to ensure those within our care receive the best possible outcomes.
- Must be flexible to work on a shift rota basis including sleep in duties, weekends and Bank holidays as required
- Driving Licence preferred
A few reasons we think we are a great place to work
- Everyone who joins us receives a fantastic central induction, along with a local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- All staff have access to an extensive training platform with a wide range of courses for personal development.
- Career development opportunities across the Group
- Employees have access to our internal platform The Hub which offers; employee discounts, recognition cards, wellbeing tools and more!
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Salary Finance options (such as advances on earned pay) and the option to purchase private medical.
- We are proud to be recognised as Great Place to Work certified™ Nov 2020 – Nov 2021 for the second year running.
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.