Job title: SEN Teacher
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
Contract type: Full Time
Reporting to: SENCo
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing School that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a SEN Teacher to join the Reddish hall School team.
About the School
Reddish Hall School is a co-educational school catering for students aged 5-18 with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours. The school accepts students with social and emotional difficulties, though our students may face additional challenges and diagnoses including ADHD, ASC, SpLD, MLD, OCD, Dyslexia, Attachment Disorder, Dyscalculia, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome and a variety of other conditions. Additionally, many of our students have serious social issues and very difficult home lives resulting in complex emotional difficulties.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
The teacher is responsible for high quality teaching to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum. The ideal candidate will successfully set a vision and targets for pupil success and be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress, give regular feedback and encouraging our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
The teachers at Reddish Hall School are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment. Smaller class sizes mean you can focus on building a purposeful learning environment that meets individual educational needs of pupils. You will be joining a supportive and caring team who put a relentless focus on the outcomes of the children and young people in our care.
Please see the Job Description and Person specification for full details regarding this position.
- Qualified teacher status
- Successful primary or secondary or SEN teaching experience
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Experience of co-ordinating the work of support staff and/or other members of staff.
- A secure working knowledge of the National Curriculum/Pre-National Curriculum and its assessment, recording and reporting requirements.
- An ability to use prior attainment and assessment data effectively to maximise progress.
- A strong understanding of the nurture group principles.
- A knowledge and experience of developing personalised learning to raise standards of attainment and achievement of every child.
- A good working knowledge of how to effectively manage challenging behaviours.
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Qualifications and experience
Skills and knowledge
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact Jodie Hayes email@example.com
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.