Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager & Agency Decision Maker
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Home based primarily covering Midlands and South East England Agencies.
Salary: £45,000 - £49,000 dependent on experience + £3,000 car allowance
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group & Options Autism.
About the Role
The Quality Assurance Manager & Agency Decision Maker will assist the Director of Quality Assurance in the management of their department to ensure a safe and effective operation within the framework defined by statute and national guidelines. The team is dedicated to providing a quality service for staff, carers and children and young people, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all stake holders is at the heart of what we do.
Ensuring that the Fostering Panel functions are robust also forms part of the role, Panel reviews, Panel chair appraisals and monitoring the quality of Panel minutes sits alongside the Agency Decision Making role.
You will make timely, quality, and appropriate decisions as an Agency Decision Maker and promote the welfare of the children in foster care. It is important that decisions are communicated effectively and that the principles of Quality Assurance are applied to the full process, from application to approval and continued approval via foster carers annual reviews.
Working alongside The Director of Quality Assurance and Senior QA managers, you will support the Executive Director of Quality and Compliance in the area of Safeguarding by monitoring and collating all Ofsted schedule 7 notifications on a weekly basis. As a member of the Fostering Quality Assurance Team that is part of the Group Quality and Compliance Team you will also be available to provide advice and guidance to social work colleagues on Fostering Regulation and National Minimum Standards.
The Quality Assurance Manager and ADM also supports Registered Managers in making Disclosure and Barring referrals and the Independent review Mechanism process.
The Quality Assurance Team for Fostering also manages Stage 3 complaints Panels within the Fostering Division.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a qualified and registered Social Worker with 3 years experience and knowledge of the Fostering Regulations and Legislation. You will also be able to demonstrate quality assurance management experience, preferably in a fostering setting.
The post holder will work closely with colleagues across the Group, providing them with support and specialist advice on statute, policy, and regulation, so you must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Qualified and registered social worker with experience and knowledge of Fostering Regulations and Legislation
- Attention to detail in quality assuring written work.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of Management
- Demonstrate quality assurance management experience preferably within a fostering setting.
- Experience of Fostering Panel process and requirements in line with the relevant legislation and regulations.
- Numerate and comfortable with spreadsheets and figures – Excel
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Proficient in CHARMS
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work remotely and independently, setting priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of key tasks and issues to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Complaints management experience desirable.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- Option to purchase private medical
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.