Adult Night Support Worker
£9.35 - £10.09 per hour; £21,149.70 – £22,283.58 per annum
Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria
Full time, Permanent
If you’re seeking a new career where you can make a positive difference to the lives of others, we would love to hear from you! We currently have opportunities for Night Support Workers to join us at our young adult residential service, Gardens site.
Previous healthcare industry experience isn’t required as full training is provided, however applications are welcome from those with care experience looking for a rewarding, welcoming and supportive environment. We have full time roles, and also have opportunities for those looking for something more flexible with our Bank roles.
The Garden Site is a person-centred service for young adults aged 18+ with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs, requiring support with many aspects of their daily life. We support the residents with shopping, cooking, personal care and all of the activities they love the most. These activities can include swimming, long walks, sensory activities, and trips to the beach. The team here really love that they can suggest, and risk assess activities that they feel the people we support would enjoy and the team are always open to new suggestions.
We are CQC rated "Good" and provide care that is centred around the people we support. A 4 bed residential service with single occupancy properties and 1:1 or 2:1 support throughout the day and night. We have a dedicated in-house clinical team which consists of, but isn’t limited to, Clinical Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy to ensure that every aspect of the support we provide is specialised and individualised.
Here is what one of our team had to say about working at Gardens!
"Working at The Garden Site has offered me some great opportunities. I have met some wonderful people in my time here. It's a rewarding job, you're well respected by the team and it's fun! I have had a good level of training and support and there is opportunity for people to advance into higher positions within the service. I have seen many staff move up the ladder and there is a creative and consistent approach to how we work with our residents."
In 2022 we will be opening a new site, based in-between Kirkby Lonsdale and Sedbergh. A full renovation is taking place to ensure the service is adapted to meet the needs of the people we support. The site has a large garden where we will be introducing a “grow your own” ethos and we also have plans for a green project.
We’re looking for creative, passionate and empathetic individuals to join our team and make a positive difference to the lives of others each day.
- Local benefits include free parking, free meals, take-away nights, team building and training days and more!
- You will have our support to progress, including funding for relevant qualifications.
- A fantastic central induction, local induction and a dedicated buddy who will be there for you from day one.
- Access to an extensive training suite for personal development, it’s all free and online.
- Access to our internal platform which offers, employee discounts for 100’s of retailers, recognition cards, wellbeing tools such as recipes from Hello Fresh and more.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme (discounts on bikes/equipment), Bupa Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Finance options such as advances on your earned pay when you need it most.
- We have recently also introduced “One moment in time” which is an extra days leave each year for you to use on a day important to you
- We are proud to have been certified as Great Place to Work for the second year running (based on feedback from our existing staff)
How do I apply?
We are hiring now! Applications are welcome online.
Following on from your application you will receive a call from one of our dedicated in house recruitment team where you will have a chance to discuss the role and requirements in further detail. There will be a 1 stage face to face interview and start dates can be discussed.
In line with changes to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 anyone working in a CQC-registered care home in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical exemption.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.