Job Title: Learning & Development Trainer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Home Based with travel across the North and North East
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience + £3,000 car allowance (pro rata for 6 months)
Contract: Fixed Term 6 Month Contract
About the Role
This is a really exciting time to join the Learning and Talent team as we create a world class learning offering for our carers and employees. The team are currently transitioning to provide an updated high quality, modern training and development offering that will enable outstanding outcomes for our children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a Learning & Development Trainer for the North and North East area, reporting into a Regional Training Services Manager. This role will be responsible for delivering consistently high quality training solutions for our carers and employees.
Working within a regional team, you will act as the specialist in your area to inform and drive continuous improvement of the learning solutions. Customer service is at the heart of the function, you will go above and beyond to ensure the needs of our carers and employees are met.
Who we are looking for
The Learning & Development Trainer will have existing experience of delivering a wide variety of training activities to a range of audiences. We are looking for someone who reflects systematically on the impacts of learning to ensure continuous improvement and make sure that learning is embedded. You’ll be confident in creating materials, solutions and training that impacts the behaviour of the audience.
You’ll be in your comfort zone working effectively with a variety of different stakeholders and building trusted relationships.
We are specifically looking for consultants with training experience and previous exposure in the following environments: Social Services or Foster Carer training services. You will also have the ability to deliver virtual training.
- Experienced in delivering wide range of training activities to variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable of different learning need styles and evidences how these are embedded in course / learning solution materials
- Engaging in their training style, ensuring everyone is brought along
- Ability to deliver online training/virtual training
- Proven track record of creating materials, solutions and delivering learning that impacts behaviour
- Systematically measures results and checks embedding of learning
- Able to talk to anybody at any level and builds professional relationships effectively
- Puts customer service and experience at the heart of their thinking and approach, going out of their way to delight the customer
- Exposure to fostering/children’s services
- Must hold Social Worker qualification
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
Some of our divisions have been recognised in 2020 as one of UK’s top 30 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work.
Why work for us
- You have the ability to make a real difference to those in our care
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- Option to purchase private medical
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.