Adult Support Worker
£9.16 - £9.46 per hour (DOE)
Flexible shifts available
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support / Care Worker?
Do you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others? If so we would love to hear from you!
We are Outcomes First Group, a leading provider of education and care to children, young people and adults in the UK. We currently have an opportunity on our Options for Autism division to work at our home in the Worthing area. The Options West Sussex team support adults with learning disabilities in their own home and within shared residential sites. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
The role is based in Worthing and is within commuting distance of Goring-By-Sea, Lancing, Findon, Ferring, Clapham and surrounding towns.
As a Bank Support Worker, you will help to develop our customer’s independent life skills by visiting them in their own residential accommodation to provide care and support to those who require assistance with day to day tasks. You may work at a range of different services in the Worthing area on a bank contract, which will give you the flexibility to choose your shifts against our availability.
This role would either suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
• Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
• Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
• Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
• Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
• We can consider both trainees and experienced Support Workers for this role, the salary will vary dependant upon experience and qualifications already obtained
• All applicants must be willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
• Must be keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to record information accurately
• Flexibility to complete sleep-in duties if required
• Car drivers are preferred however this is not essential
To be considered for this opportunity please apply online or call 01789 767800 for further information.
Please also note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.