About the role
As a Support Worker (Life Skills Instructor), you will provide support to the adults within our care. All residents of Bredon House are adults with autism, learning disabilities or mental health needs and as such you will play a vital role in their care and safeguarding. You will receive a fantastic induction, buddy programme and ongoing support to ensure you are fully equipped for your new role.
Duties will include: Being available for residents whilst on shift, providing support and care as required. Facilitating the development of both personal and practical skills to enhance and promote independent living. Responding to situations and dealing with complex and sometimes challenging behaviour. Following best practice guidelines at all times. Working collaboratively with colleagues.
We can consider both experienced Support Workers and those with no previous care worker experience for this role as a thorough induction and training is provided
· All applicants must be willing to work towards (or already hold) the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
· You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
· You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
· You will have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends (rotas to be discussed)
· Car drivers are preferred due to the rural location of the role and day shift hours of 8am to 8pm (with the occasional 10am to 10pm shift)
In return we offer
· Extensive training and career development across the Group
· A professional support network
· The Hub – our internal platform offering employee discounts for major retailers, recognition cards and a well-being centre
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Salary Finance scheme
· Option to purchase private medical
To be considered please apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information. We are interviewing and hiring actively for these opportunities.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.