Job Title: Referrals Co-ordinator
Location: Wetheringsett Manor School, Stowmarket (opportunity to be home-based)
Salary: Up to £22,000, depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Referrals Co-ordinator to join the Admissions team supporting the Education and Residential Division.
About the Group
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
To act as the first point of contact for all referrals/enquires into the Options Autism residential children’s homes.
To ensure all referrals are appropriately recorded on Double First and Isams and disseminated to the appropriate service
To be responsible for the maintaining and disseminating the weekly vacancies list
As a vital link in the admissions service working with colleagues and having contact with Local Authorities the Referrals Co-ordinator;
- Responds to parent enquiries, referrals and Local Authority placement enquiries promptly and efficiently
- Ensures all relevant referrals are passed to the Admissions Manager (Options Autism residential )
- Represents Outcomes First Group professionally and with expert knowledge at all times
- Provides information, advice and statistical data as directed
- Consults with the admissions manager as necessary to ensure the appropriateness of the response
- Takes responsibility for the IPA ( Individual Placement Agreement) process
Maintains and develops Double First and isams, providing administrative support for the Admissions Manager efficiently coordinating referrals and in the provision of accurate data and information;
- Responding appropriately to aid in the placement matching
- Liaison with the Admissions Manager, Principals and Care Home Managers, ascertaining all current vacancies are up to the date and recorded on the weekly vacancies list
- Utilising the Double First and Isams recording system and ensuring that accurate records are maintained with data inputting, amendment or addition in a timely manner
Ensures that business is maintained and encourages the development of new business in line with the Options Autism business plan through:
- Building on and maintaining links with local authorities who form the existing customer base
- Promoting OFG’s services to local authorities
- Ensures all details of LA contacts are accurate and up to date
- Advising local authorities if current vacancies, maintaining an up to date vacancy list and ensuring that LA’s receive a weekly copy
• Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at different levels.
• First-rate communicator with excellent presentation and well-honed interpersonal skills.
• Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues.
• Good level of Excel skills – data manipulation.
• Commitment to achievement, quality and continual improvement.
• Commitment to Equality of Opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice.
• Proven ability of building and developing key stakeholder relationships.
• To work well both as part of a team and be able to work on their own.
• A current, valid driving licence is desirable
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.