Job Title: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Home based with flexible requirement to work in the Bolton office
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience (pro rata)
Contract: 6 months fixed term contract
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, Hillcrest, National Fostering Group, Options, Pathway Care Residential and Sunflower Fostering.
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join a growing IT team as we transform into a market leading IT function. This team has played a central role to assist with the growth of Outcomes First Group, solving IT challenges at our central offices, schools, residential homes and fostering agencies. As the Group aims to consolidate itself across these challenging sectors, our team will continuously improve to ensure we provide an excellent IT service.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Architect, working with a team of engineers you will be a contact for the Service Desk team at the point of escalation. You will troubleshoot and resolve a range of technical issues through to resolution. Logging all calls and keeping our end users up to date throughout issues will ensure we maintain a good standard of customer service with clients. Your time will be split 50:50 between support activities and improvement projects.
Working with the Infrastructure Architect you will help to improve, support and management processes, while also providing support and delivery on projects. Regular contact with our regional offices, schools and care homes will also ensure systems and services are operating as required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has a good experience working in an IT support role or MSP in a 2/3rd line role. You will have advanced knowledge of IT hardware and understand Microsoft products and server platforms.
You will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with challenging customers whilst maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour. The successful candidate will take ownership of issues and use initiative whilst working calmly under pressure.
We are interested in candidates who are certified Microsoft professionals (Microsoft MCSA, CCNA) or educated to Degree Level.
- Support the Service Desk to help keep queues down and improve customer service
- Own and monitor all calls assigned to you to resolution, escalating where necessary to IT Services Manager
- Maintain, organise and manage the hardware database. Ensure all requests are completed for all areas of the business.
- Log all communications on to the incident management system
- Organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Delivery on-time projects that have been assigned.
- Microsoft 365
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- VOIP/Telephony solutions including 3CX and Mitel
- FortiGate and or WatchGuard firewall
- Educated either professional (Microsoft MCSA, CNNA etc) or public in IT at Degree Level.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products from Windows 10, MS Office, etc
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively but also as part of a team
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- A problem solver
- Has a professional and friendly demeanour, positive and flexible attitude, and excellent inter-personal and communication skills
The post holder will be expected to travel to school and office locations in the UK when required.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
Outcomes First Group are an Equal Opportunities employer.