Job Title: Finance System Administrator
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: Up to £22,000, depending on experience
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options.
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance System Administrator to join our team at the Bolton Head Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Group’s key finance systems and making sure all processes within these systems are robustly reconciled and current. You will also be working closely with the Group Finance Manager in making sure all finance systems are working efficiently and providing support to the system users within the Group.
Who we are looking for
As Finance System Administrator, you will need to have demonstrable experience in Accounting with a strong understanding of finance systems. We are looking for a candidate with an excellent eye for details to ensure the smooth day-today running of the system Access Dimensions, along with good initiative to tackle issues proactively if needed. The successful post holder will have a passion for customer service as this role will be the first point of contact for our system users should they have any questions or queries. Furthermore, the Finance System Administrator will be able to work well under time pressure, as they will be assisting with running reports and analysis from the finance systems at the end of each month and on an ad hoc basis.
- Administer the Group finance system Access Dimensions, managing queries and requests from internal users on a timely basis
- Control user access rights to key financial systems including the purchase order and invoice approving system
- Become a key contact between the finance team, internal IT and external provider (Access Dimensions) support to resolve issues and implement system improvements
- Provide general support and troubleshooting for month end, year-end, group reporting and planning cycles
- Creation and administration of financial system databases for new businesses
- Part-qualified accountant/technician with experience administering finance systems desirable
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at different levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- Good Excel skills – specifically data manipulation
- Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous, though not essential
- Working knowledge of MS Office is essential
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer