Speech and Language Therapist
£24,907 - £30,615 per annum depending on experience
We are open to either Full Time or Part Time applicants
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our clinical team based in Malvern Worcestershire. The SALT provision within our service is both highly regarded and well resourced, an ideal role for those looking to join a well established provision with processes and systems already in place, within a culture of continuous improvement where all ideas are welcome. Support available to obtain Dysphagia training.
The successful applicant will work alongside an Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Assistant Psychologists, Therapies Assistant, Psychiatrist and our Regional Clinical Lead in delivering the best possible outcomes to those within our care at Malvern View. You will provide specialist Speech and Language Therapy input to the adults within our care, ensuring their well-being and best interests at all times. You will be involved in the development of diverse, effective and innovative approaches to support and develop the functional communication skills of adults with complex communication needs.
In brief your role would involve
- Performing Speech and Language Therapy assessments of clients with diverse presentations to identify needs and formulate intervention plans
- Developing and supporting the delivery of individualised intervention programmes and/or group sessions using your knowledge of evidence based practice
- Evaluating client progress, reassessing and updating intervention programmes as required
- Providing advice, information and training to staff, other members of the multi-disciplinary support, commissioners and other agencies relevant to autistic spectrum disorders, learning difficulties and other associated conditions.
Applicants must have a relevant Speech & Language Therapy degree, an active HCPC registration and post grad experience of working within a Learning Disabilities setting. Dysphagia training is desirable however not essential, funding can be provided to support development in this area.
In return we offer:
- Professional supervision
- A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
- Company Pension Scheme and benefits
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of others and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
To be considered for this role please apply online today or contact Dr Helen Hughes, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Regional Clinical Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.