Salary: Monday - Thursday £82.72 per hour, Friday - Sunday 10.82 per hour Per Anum
Hours: 4 nights on, 4 Nights off (10 hrs shifts) - rolling
Beachlands is an Ofsted 'Good' registered residential home for six young people aged 11 - 18 with complex social, emotional and mental health needs. Our beautiful residential home, located on Hayling Island, within easy walking distance of the beach, offers a therapeutic model of care to our residents which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Beachlands is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commutable distance of Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Gosport, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Fareham, Southampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
Acorn Education and Care is a national provider of Children's services specialising in children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Supporting the night time routine of the children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, the role of Night Support Worker has responsibitly to ensure the people we support are offered a positive and safe environment, assisting the young people with their needs during the night. Whilst the residents sleep you will be expected to complete a range of domestic duties to ensure the cleanliness of the home, whilst also preparing packed lunches and assisting with breakfast duties in the morning.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working on a 4 o4 off shift pattern. (Please note this is a waking night position and therefore you are expected to stay awake during your shift). This role would suit either an experienced support worker or someone looking to start their career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs throughout the night, managing their night time routine and any challenging behaviour
- Undertaking a range of domestic duties to include washing, ironing, cleaning, making lunches and preparing breakfast
- Building positive and appropriate working relationships with the young people and using effective strategies to manage behaviour
- Communicating with the wider care team to promote consistency throughout the home
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience working with children or young people preferred, although not essential
- Have a genuine desire to undertake tasks associated with parenting a child with challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Committed to work permanent waking night shifts
- Hold a Full UK Driving License
Please apply online now or call 01204 558055 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.