Job Title: Human Resources Apprentice (x3 positions: working rotations across Recruitment, Payroll, HR Support)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Outcomes First Group, Atria, Spa Road, Bolton, BL1 4AG
Salary: £12,000 per annum
Contract: 19-month fixed term contract (to be extended if required)
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group, and Options.
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join our Human Resources team who are central to the growth of Outcomes First Group supporting our schools, residential homes and fostering agencies. The post holder will have the opportunity to work in rotation across our HR administration, payroll and resourcing team to enable them to develop their skills across the HR function.
This is a great opportunity to work and learn from a professional and diverse HR team.
You will support the team by:
- Act as an administrator for new and ongoing HR projects
- Support initiatives for the Group HR team
- To create and maintain reports, spreadsheets and correspondence using a variety of computer packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Input & maintenance on Electronic Employee Records system
- Assist with the distribution of HR policies
- Answer and advise on general HR enquiries
- Processing, filing and distributing confidential reports and documents
Whilst working towards a HR Support qualification, studying topics such as
- Personal Development
- Business Understanding and the HR function
- Service delivery and communication
- Managing HR information
- HR legislation and policy
- Employment activities and HR policy
- Problem solving and process improvement
- Recruitment and selection
- Performance management
What do you need?
- GCSE English and Maths Grade 4 ( C ) or above
- Good IT skills; ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Work, Excel and Outlook. Training will also be given
- - Excellent relationship building skills
- - High level of attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- - Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in person, by telephone and in email
- - Exceptional time management & organisational skills
- - A friendly professional manner and appearance
- - Driven and self-motivated
- Knowledge or experience of care settings such as residential and fostering.
What do we offer?
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- A dedicated mentor
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
For more information on the requirements of the course or role please contact email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer