Location: Denmead, Hants.
Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week
Contract: Up to 12 month FTC
Outcome First Denmead comprises of 2 children’s homes, Lavender House, and Lily Cottage both under one registration with Ofsted. We are seeking to attain separate Ofsted registration for each of the homes. Both offer residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. The residential homes are set in rural South Hampshire offering a holistic model of care and education for the people we support, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Hillcrest Denmead is within commutable distance from Waterlooville, Fareham, Havant, Portsmouth, Gosport and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcome First Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
About the role
As Deputy Manager you will be supporting the Registered Manager with the smooth operation of the home ensuring the best possible care to adults with Autism, learning disabilities and associated needs. Working to ensure high standards are maintained in the context of staffing, training, legislation, local and governmental guidance and the health and welfare of the residents and staff.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Supervision of the team
- Coaching and developing the team to maximise their performance and potential and work effectively to deliver the best outcomes
- Supporting the Registered Manager with day to day tasks
- Managing and organising training for all staff
- Completing staff rotas
- Attending professional meetings
- Updating documentation to reflect any new changes
- Support on a 24-hour basis
We are looking for someone with experience in the autism / learning disabilities sector with management / leadership experience now seeking a Deputy Management role.
- Must be Qualified in Level 3 Diploma Care Leadership and Management
- Experienced in managing and supervising people
- Able to support the management of a 24/7 operation
- Experienced in working within a framework of safeguarding
- Excellent working knowledge of equality and diversity
- Excellent organisational skills, accurate record keeping with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Employee Reward Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Pease apply online now or call 01204 558055 for Recruitment for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care are therefore his post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.