Job Title: Referrals Manager (Qualified or Unqualified)
Location: Oundle / Northampton
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: Up to £40,000 with non-contractual bonus scheme and OTE up to £46,000 (Qualified) Up to £33,000 + bonus (Unqualified)
We have an exciting, opportunity for a qualified social worker or experienced manager to lead a passionate and enthusiastic team in our East Referrals Hub supporting vulnerable looked after children into loving fostering homes.
The role of a Referrals Manager provides dynamic leadership to a team of referrals staff, creative thinking, close partnership working within a wider team and engaging directly with a number of Local Authorities to ensure appropriate and safe matching of children to foster carers. The role is extremely rewarding and our ultimate aim is to positively change the lives of children and young people by providing them with safety, security and maximised opportunities to thrive and achieve.
About the Role
This role within our growing East Referrals Hub, covers the East and South Midlands area. The role is permanent office-based position with no on call duties in our offices in Oundle and/or Northampton.
The Referrals Manager is pivotal in ensuring we provide an efficient, effective and market leading service to Local Authorities. You will lead a committed team supporting Local Authorities to identify and place children and young people into safe, caring and protective households, including those children and young people with a wide variety of complex needs and adverse childhood experiences.
Reporting to the Regional Director you will be a part of a supportive regional management team and will regularly engage with our Registered Managers, Team Managers, Local Authority staff and our foster carers.
You will manage the day to day operations of the Referral Hub with specific responsibility for:
- Triage of all referrals
- Allocation within the team
- Matching of placements of children with a range of needs
- Coordinating support packages where appropriate
- Building on and maintaining links with Local Authorities
- Service development and new initiatives
A huge part of this role is ensuring effective relationships are built and maintained with foster carers, management teams, referrals staff, SSWs and Local Authorities. All of this helps us deliver a market leading fostering service and agency of choice for many Local Authorities.
The ideal candidate will share our ongoing commitment to provide excellence in the provision of fostering services for the children and young people in our care.
About the Group
The National Fostering Group is the UK’s largest independent fostering family, our highly skilled and dedicated fostering community supports Local Authorities by providing short or long-term foster placements for thousands of vulnerable children and teenagers throughout the UK.
With 100% of our 30 regional fostering agencies officially recognised by Ofsted, Welsh and Scottish regulators as either ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’, it is perhaps not surprising that more people choose to foster with our fostering agencies than any other fostering provider in the UK.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker or experience manager, previous experience and working knowledge of fostering services and regulations is preferable although not essential. You will be driven, creative and dynamic to ensure our referrals turn into success stories for children and young people.
Communication is essential to this role so we need someone who will be at ease building and maintaining established relationships with multi-disciplinary stakeholders. You will engage with Directors and Managers across the fostering agencies and be confident to influence decisions ensuring our children and young people are at the heart of everything we do.
- Qualified Social Worker (DipSW or CQSW or equivalent) is desirable but not essential
- Current registration with the relevant Social Work regulatory council (e.g Social Work England/Wales, NISCC, SSSC) is desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of Fostering Services, National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations is preferable
- Ability to use ICT effectively to fulfil job responsibilities
Why work for us?
- Basic salary up to -£40,000 with non-contractual bonus scheme and OTE up to £46,000 with actual salary and OTE dependant on qualifications
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum plus Blank Holidays
- Office based
- Professional support network
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Essential role to making a real difference to the lives of children and young people
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer