Adult Support Worker - Applegate
£19,497 - £20,906 per annum
Barton upon Humber - North Lincolnshire
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an Adult Support Worker to join our team based in Barton upon Humber, North Lincolnshire region. Someone with previous experience as an Adult Support Worker, or those keen to begin a career as an Adult Support Worker would be perfect for this role.
About the Group:
We are part of Options for Autism. The adult division provides a wide range of support and care to over 200 adults with autism, learning disabilities and associated other health and support needs nationally, with more homes opening in 2020.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of children, adults, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning, we are seeking someone who shares our vision.
Our Options for Autism team North currently have opportunities based from various sites across the North Lincolnshire region within commuting distance of Winterton, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Crowle, Gainsborough, Grimsby & Cleethorpes, Immingham, Killingholme, Hull, Hessle, and surrounding areas.
About the role
As an Adult Support Worker (also known as Life Skills Instructor or LSI) you would be responsible for providing quality care and support to young people and adults with Autism. The role would be based at Applegate House, Barton Upon Humber.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Supporting learning experiences at the home and within the wider community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily tasks
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
This role is Permanent Full Time Days following a two-week rolling rota. Week 1 is 4 days on (4 shifts). Week 2, 3 days on (3 shifts) with every other weekend off. The shifts are 12 hours.
Our paid induction and training programme is a mix of virtual learning, knowledge centre and classroom based – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm for two/three weeks. Full attendance is required.
- We can consider applicants with no previous experience in the industry as full training is provided however all applicants must be qualified to, or prepared to study for Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care for Adults
- Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
Why work for us
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Please apply online now or call 01724 733777 for further information.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.