Littlehampton, West Sussex
Up to £19,718 dependent on experience
40 hours per week, Permanent, Full Time
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support Worker / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you. We currently have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our Beach Road home based in Littlehampton, within commuting distance of Worthing, Bognor Regis, Chichester, Arundel, Goring-by-Sea and surrounding areas.
About the role
As a Support Worker your role will involve working at our specialist home to support our adults with a range of learning disabilities. Each with their own individual care plans and levels of independence, the role of Support Worker/Care Assistant provides daily personal care and helps our adults to develop independent life skills. Involved in their daily routine and a range of social activities, this role would suit an enthusiastic and committed individual, with or without previous experience.
We provide a thorough induction, buddy scheme and ongoing training to ensure you are fully skilled and supported. A permanent position where you will work a variety of 8 hour shifts plus the occasional sleep-in duties (approximately 2-4 per month).
About the home
Beach Road is 5 bedded home supporting residents with Autism and a range of learning disabilities. The home is part of Outcomes First Group, and is on our specialist Adult services division Options for Autism. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly. We strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for those within our care and are seeking individuals with the same passion for high quality, person centred care.
We can consider both experienced Support Workers and those with no previous care work experience for this role as a thorough induction and training is provided
- All applicants must be willing to work towards (or already hold) the Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- You will be proactive and keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- You will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal able to record information accurately
- You will have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts
- Hold a full, UK clean driving licence
In return we offer
- Extensive training and career development across the Group
- A professional support network
- The Hub – our internal platform offering employee discounts for major retailers, recognition cards and a well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance scheme
- Option to purchase private medical
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for