Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale.
Salary: Up to £28,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Deputy Manager to join our team at Underley Garden in Kirkby Lonsdale.
About the School:
The young people who attend Underley Garden all have an EHCP/statement of special educational needs. Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Deputy Manager who will achieve the highest standards of care for the young people in our care who have challenging and complex needs.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for full details regarding this position.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for people with the belief that they can make positive changes.
You will be a responsible, friendly, and an organised person who has a passion for caring and providing an excellent nursing service to the children and young people in our care.
- Responsible for the safe and effective running of the care home
- Dealing with both internal and external professionals and parents / carers and attending meetings when required
- Diploma L3/5 in Health and Social Care or willingness to achieve
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferably within a care setting in the past 5 years, at a standard assessed as ‘competent’ in all aspects of the job
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Compassionate – good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with young people along with other staff remaining sensitive and empathetic
- Intuitive and caring nature
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the young people
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first class mental health support services
- Employee Reward Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym membership
Applications are invited online through our Underley Garden website: www.underleygarden.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Marie Lawson, Office Manager on 015242 71569.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable young people.
All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees to share with commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for