Adult Support Worker / Adult Care Worker
£19,497 - £19,788 per annum
Full time, 43 hours per week
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options? Or, are you already experienced as a Support / Care Worker?
Do you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others? If so we would love to hear from you!
About the Home
Malvern View is a well-established, specialist adult autism residential transition service offering personal development programmes that enable people to fulfil their potential for independence. Malvern View is part of the Outcomes First Group and sits within our specialist Adult Care division, Options for Autism. The site is based in beautiful surroundings in view of the Malvern Hills and Worcestershire countryside and offers 52 weeks residential, day and outreach services and has an in-house multidisciplinary Clinical Team.
Based at Hanley Castle in Worcestershire within easy travelling distance of Worcester, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham and Gloucester.
About the Role
As a Support Worker, your role will involve providing care to adults with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties. The role of Support Worker focuses on developing independent living skills.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
• Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community
• Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
• Encouraging participation in daily tasks
• Reporting and recording key aspects of care
• Managing complex and challenging behaviour
This role is offered on a full time 43 hour per week contract however we do also have part time, night shift roles and Bank positions available. Please do discuss your preference upon application.
• It is not essential to have previous experience within the care industry however all applicants must have a passion for care and be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) – funded by ourselves
• Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
• Ideally, hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
Why work for us
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
• “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
• Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
• Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
• Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
• Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
• No two days are ever the same
Apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.