Options Trent Acres is situated on a 12 acre site and offers an integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, Autism and associated learning disabilities. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Stoke, Derby, Telford, Stafford, Lichfield, Burntwood, Rugeley, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Uttoxeter and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Team Leader, this key position supervises and motivates a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing hands on role to ensure the highest quality care and support to the children.
This role is offered on a full time basis working 7am – 11pm on a one on two off shift basis, equating to 10 or 11 shift days per month plus one training and development day. Staff will also be required to complete sleep-in duties on a rota basis therefore flexibility is essential.
Your duties as a Team Leader would involve:
- Lead and supervise the staff on shift to ensure that they carry out their duties and behave appropriately at all times
- Undertake agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Oversee and ensure all staff are effectively managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Support and supervise children with daily tasks and skills, ensuring that all the relevant personal, pathway plans are in place, accurate and up to date
In return our benefits include:
- Generous retention bonuses and enhanced pay scales
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Ideally hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Experience of working with young people with ASD or challenging behaviour
- Relevant experience of motivating, supervising and appraising staff
- Effective leadership and time management skills
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.