Deputy Home Manager
Location: Chipping Norton, Oxon.
Salary: Up to £29,293 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Hillcrest Steps is an 8 bedded registered residential facility which supports 8 boys and girls aged 6 – 13 years old with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted, the home is set is extensive grounds and even has its own small farm which encourages animal care and an understanding of the countryside. Located just outside Chipping Norton, easily accessible from Oxford, Banbury, Moreton-in-Marsh and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Deputy Home Manager you will supervise and motivate a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans for the people we support to ensure they are on track for positive results. Alongside the everyday care and education of the young people we support, staff may also be involved in activities such as swimming, camping, horse riding, guides, health & beauty and trips away.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds supervisory experience and is looking for a new challenge. This role involves working 7 days onsite (including sleep ins and on call) followed by a full 7 days off.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Contributing towards the maintenance of a positive, safe and homely environment
- Supporting in promoting the children’s educational, social and emotional needs
- Leading, mentoring and motivating staff
- Providing formal supervisions and managing staff performances
- Building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Deputising for the Home Manager in their absence
Key Skills Required
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity within a children’s residential setting
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to direct, lead and motivate individuals and the team to deliver positive results
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date