Night Support Worker
Up to £20,553 dependent on experience
Permanent, full time
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others, we would love to hear from you!
We currently have opportunities at our Hazel House home based in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
About the Group:
Options for Autism is the specialist adult division of Outcomes First Group. We specialise in providing a wide range of support and care to over 200 adults with autism, learning disabilities and associated other health and support needs nationally, with more homes opening in 2020. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of children, adults, their families, and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning, we are seeking someone who shares our vision.
About the Home
Hazel House is a renovated property which has been adapted to meet the needs of the individuals within our care. A 4 bed site the house has a large enclosed garden, sensory corner and large communal areas which include a breakfast and kitchen area, dining room and lounge.
Our service and support is unique, bespoke and tailor made to fit each service user’s needs and we fit the service around the individuals, not the individuals around the service. Through ensuring that we provide clear structure and continuity in all aspects of care and life skills we teach, we are able to produce positive outcomes for the individuals living at Hazel House.
Hazel House is commutable from Grantham, Lincoln and Peterborough.
About the Role
We are currently seeking Support Workers to join us on a permanent basis working on a night shift basis of 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off from 8pm to 8am. The staff team are selected based upon not only their knowledge and experience but also utilizing their skills, passions and interests so we can be an adaptable service offering skills in a variety of areas to support the individuals with positive outcomes and lead happy, fulfilled lives.
As Night Care Worker / Night Support Worker you will be responsible for;
- Working with complex individuals who may have complex behaviours
- Working as part of our One Team approach to deliver exceptional care and support
- Support the individuals with any personal care requirements through the shift
- Support and monitor the physical and mental wellbeing of the individuals in our care and report any concerns.
- Dealing with the immediate support needs of the individuals
- Maintain security of the home throughout the shift
- Keep accurate records of the shift and report any concerns.
- Carry out cleaning and laundry duties as required.
- Take part in regular team meetings
- We can consider applicants with no previous industry experience and experienced Support Workers for this role, the salary will vary dependent upon experience and qualifications already obtained
- All applicants must be willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate, and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge and/or experience of learning disabilities, autism, and challenging behaviour
- Able to work as part of a team
- Work under pressure and potentially challenging situations
- Work in a person-centred way
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to build a career within an environment where you can truly make a difference to the lives of others
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free Parking
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.