Residential Care Worker - Female Only
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Salary: Up to £19,760 dependent on experience, (£9.30 per hour for sleep in shift)
Hours: Full Time, variable shifts days, evenings and weekends
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Options Kernow supports adults with learning disabilities and autism in various locations around Cornwall. We provide a flexible and specialist service, supporting individuals within their own home or family setting.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Support Worker in St Austell.
- We support, empower and encourage individuals to take an active part in their community and access mainstream leisure pursuits and interests, as well as encouraging families to join in. This includes meals out, trips to the cinema or theatre, swimming, going to the gym, horse riding, etc
- We support people in their own homes to learn all the necessary independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, shopping for food, clothing or new furniture, booking holidays, helping them with their finances, paying bills, making appointments and reading letters
- We develop individual support plans to include access to day centres, colleges or adult education classes, or supported employment
- We listen to the individual and significant others and design a personalised, flexible service which is tailored to meet individual needs and can be adapted over time
Job Summary and Duties:
Participate in the rota for care of Service Users as part of the care team. To include:
- Personal care
- Organising and participating in appropriate activities for Service Users
- Domestic duties including laundry
- Cooking and shopping
- Transporting Service Users to appointments and activities
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Hold or be willing to work towards Health & Social Care Level 2 or equivalent
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to record information accurately
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to working positively with families and others
- Flexibility and willingness to work a shift system including weekends
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- A genuine regard and respect for this client group
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Basic IT skills
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.