Head of ICT / Computer Science
Location: Belmont School, Rawtenstall, Rossendale.
Salary: Up to £32,000 dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and enthusiastic Head of ICT / Computer Science to join our close-knit team at Belmont School in Rossendale, Lancashire.
About the School
Belmont is an independent specialist day school for boys 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as 'Outstanding' or 'Good'.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
The Head of School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Head of ICT / Computer Science to join this thriving specialist SEMH School. Responsible to the Curriculum Lead / Deputy Head Teacher they will be responsible in the running of the department and ensure that the department and the school is successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who we are looking for?
Ideally we are looking for a qualified Teacher of ICT / Computer Science with a few years’ experience, however we will happily consider applications from NQT’s who have the ambition and desire. Whilst experience within an SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable we are happy to consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream or college setting.
Subject specialism is essential for this post as is the knowledge of the current curriculum.
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
- Plan and teach well structured, balanced, interesting and inspiring lessons
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to pupils’ needs in order to motive them
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe working environment
- Know and understand how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas you teach, including statutory assessment requirements
- Manage and motivate member of staff within your department
- Teaching experience in ICT at KS3 and/or KS4 in a specialist or mainstream setting.
- A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all pupils
- Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
- Qualified in subject specialism
- DBS cleared and satisfactory references
- Ability to work on own initiative
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals
This position is due to commence as soon as possible or at the latest January 2021 (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Education and Care website www.acorncare.co.uk . if you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Kelly Walden at Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to visit the school for an informal look around, please contact the school on 01706 221043.
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Please complete the application form in full with no gaps of employment from the age of 16 years.