Location: Manor House School, Horsham, West Sussex.
Salary: Up to £23,108 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Manor House School is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ registered care and education campus which is set in picturesque countryside of West Sussex. Manor House School is a DfE registered independent school which offers education to boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 7 – 18 yrs. Manor House School seeks to maintain stability and therapeutic placements so that the students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn. We are within a commutable distance of Horsham, Crawley, Guildford, Leatherhead, Worthing and other surrounding towns and villages.
Manor House School is a school for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
Working as an Instructor for Manor House School, you will deliver fun educational based learning to individual pupils and small groups of students. Exact curriculum areas can be discussed further at interview but could include Food Technology, Art, Crafts, Horticulture, PE & Games and any other practical based activities that could engage and motivate students. You will be supported in partnership with the teaching staff to ensure students reach their full potential.
This role is offered on a permanent basis working 40 hours per week (term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
In brief this role will involve:
- Effectively managing and teaching a group of students in line with the school mission statement
- Delivering lessons for a wide range of ability, creating a calm environment which is stimulating and purposeful
- Organising a learning environment which enables students to take ownership of their learning
- Monitoring student progress and performance and adapting plans as necessary
- Effectively communicating with teaching and residential staff, parents and external multi-agencies
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a relevant Teaching qualification
- A sound understanding of the complexity of special education needs (SEN)
- Experience of working and teaching children and young people with emotional and behaviour difficulties who may have challenging behaviour preferred
- A caring, positive and sensitive attitude towards pupils which values all individuals
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date