Job Title: Waking Night Residential Care Worker
Location: North Aston, Oxfordshire
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Hours: Part Time, 2 nights per week
Park Farm is an Ofsted registered ‘Outstanding’ 8 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children and young people aged 8-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situated close to Chipping Norton, Park Farm provides a caring, structured and homely environment for the people we support. We are within commuting distance of Swindon, Gloucester, Northampton, Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Oxford and other surrounding towns and villages.
Outcome First Group Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Supporting the night time routine of the children and young people, the role of Night Care Worker has the responsibility to ensure the children are offered a positive and safe environment, assisting with their needs during the night. Whilst the children sleep you will be expected to complete a range of domestic duties to ensure the cleanliness of the home, whilst also preparing packed lunches and assisting with breakfast duties in the morning.
This role will is offered on a part time basis working two nights per week, as per rota. Please note this is a waking night position and therefore you are expected to stay awake during your shift.
This role would suit an experienced support worker, or someone looking to start their career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs throughout the night, managing their night time routine and any challenging behaviour
- Undertaking a range of domestic duties to include washing, ironing, cleaning, making lunches and preparing breakfast
- Building positive and appropriate working relationships with the young people and using effective strategies to manage behaviour
- Communicating with the wider care team to promote consistency throughout the home
Key Skills Required
- Previous experience working with children or young people preferred, although not essential
- Have a genuine desire to undertake tasks associated with parenting a child with challenging behaviour
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Committed to work permanent waking night shifts
- Preferably hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.